Monday, July 25, 2011

Miami Livecast Presents: 12th Planet Interview

Miami Livecast was fortunate enough to get the opportunity to ask one of our favorite Dubstep artist in the electronic music scene some questions. For those who missed his performance at grand central last week, no worries he will be back in Miami in December, along with Skrillex.


Who was or is Infiltrata?  
Infiltrata is/was my D'n'B moniker.




Was drum and bass your first electronic music experience.  
I think Deep House was my first experience with EDM.  I remember going to Kick Back's in 7th and 8th grade and we would bump Deep House at the party.  From there I think I really got into Gabber, Hardcore, and Dutch House.

What made you change to 12th planet and focus more on dubstep?
I changed my name to 12th Planet to differentiate the genres I was producing.  At the time my alias "Infiltrata" was an established DNB name.  I didn't want people to confuse the 2.


As i was walking around in in  the venue where you perform, i kept hearing 12th planet , AMERICAN DUBSTEP KING. How do u react to such a name?  
Haha, Im always flattered when I hear it.  But I personally don't let it get to me.  With that being said, you can call me King, Prince, Burger, whatever, just dont call me a trashcan.


Are you a fan of the Zecharia Sitchin book?  what made you decided to make you alias the title of one of his books.  
I am really into mythology, and stories of the ancients.  I love the imagery, and the actual creation epoch the "enuma elis." I chose the name 12th Planet in reference to "Nibiru," and how its orbit works.  Once every 3600 years this Planet crosses into our solar system, and causes the earth to act in mysterious ways.  Supposedly the planet will come in 2012 and cause the earth to change its axis, alongside loads of paradigm shifts.

Whats been your favorite city/event/festival place to perform. and why?  
I love EDC LA/LV the most.  I started out going to the festival as a fan, and it means the world to me to be apart of the culture as a Dj.  I always wanted to be an artist as a youth, and now It has come full circle, and I hope I am influencing people, the way the djs before me did.


Any future plans for the SMOG family? New talent?  
We at Smog have just signed 3 new artists, and also 3 new albums.  The new 3 artists are Flinch, SPL, and Noah D.  The 3 Albums we have signed are; DLX - Listening to Science, Pawn - Close The Lights, and Noah D's debut album which has no working title as of now.


12th Planet's forthcoming debut artist album?? any recent news on that? release date? collabs?  
Im currently working on an album right now, and I dont really want to divulge information on it right now.  I operate on a spontaneous level, and you never know who will be featured, and what opportunities will arise.


Any advice for upcoming dubstep producers?  
Stay in School, and dont quit your dayjob.  But if you are 100% committed, the best thing to do is to stay focused, learn as much about the craft as possible.  You have to immerse yourself in the music in order to completely understand that this is not a job, this is a way of life.



Miami Livecast will like to thank 12th Planet and his whole management team.

Jinder - Youth Blood (12th Planet & Flinch Remix)

Flinch has recently been added to the SMOG family. Has some sick ass tracks. enjoy ;)

Change (Flinch Remix)


HUSSLE CLUB - Loose Tights (Flinch Remix)


Skrillex & 12th Planet - Needed Change


All I Ask Of You (12th Planet Remix) (Edit)


Heartbreaker-12th-Planet-Remix

Not only does 12th planet drop some of the grimiest bass wobbles, but he can also mellow out and throw this amazing track.

No comments:

Post a Comment